Cinemas of Leyton & Walthamstow
 
Return to main page

The Dominion building,
in Buxton Road, off High Street, Walthamstow

Google Earth image (2010).
The Dominion seems to have been built in 1930 after Prince's was demolished. It closed as a cinema in 1961 and became a Mecca Bingo Club run by a company called Jasmine until 1996. It is now (2010) reported to be owned by Chelsea Corporation, a USA based operation. See Cinema Treasures
Pictured when it was a bingo hall.